Friday 30 May 2008

Selling Your Soul

"Cubalah, Encik....cubalah, free for life...cubalah..." pleads the lady. It was nearing 10 pm. The look on the lady's face haunts me. She was small, a hand shorter than me with straight dark hair cut at shoulder length. Her eyes...oh God! her eyes.... you can see desperation in her eyes. I tried walking away...but she persistently pursued me...even though after I remark "Never mind, thank you"... she still shadowed me along with that horrifying pleading voice.."Cubalah, Encik...cubalah"... I had a quick glance at her. My eyes were drawn to her face, thin almost gaunt like.

She was pitching her sale line. As though getting customer to sign up for the bank credit card is her life line. As though her very soul is at stake. I shudder to think what forces somebody to act so desperately.

There must be a better way of convincing people to take up your offer for God sake! And haunting them with your pleadings aren't it!

"Cubalah, Encik....cubalah, free for life.....cubalah"

No comments: