Wednesday 20 January 2010

Got Myself A New Disease!

Hi folks, I'm infected with a virus! This virus is very dangerous but not lethal, though don't worry it's difficult to infect others with it. But once you got it, it'll be pretty difficult to control, though unfortunately as of now there's no real cure. Me and the wife suspected something amiss a couple of years back. We didn't exactly understand the symptoms then, but in retrospect it is all clear now.


I was infected by my wife. It turns out she is a carrier of the virus. Though she is only showing minor symptoms of the disease. Hopefully she'll not get worse. I went out last weekend and bought her a temporary vaccine, it was expensive, around RM1500. It'll last 2-3 years before the effect wears off. Hopefully by then, other more cheaper but effective vaccines will be available.

My wife in turns got the virus from her friend in her old office in KLCC. The friend have it much worse, I think she spend near to RM20k in the last 4 years just to hold off the effect of the virus.

While I myself have seen a slightly better effect than her friend but a bit worse than my wife. At the same time I bought for my wife the vaccine, I also bought mine at around RM1600. It seems that different people have different effect and require different combination of vaccines. But I can already feel that the vaccines that I bought isn't quite enough. A stronger dose might be neccesary.

Don't worry dear friends, as far as I can tell, my wife and I have yet to infect other with the virus except for my cousin. I infected him with the virus last year. I pray for the best for him. Anyway, it seems that only certain type of people can get infected with the virus, while others are totally immune to it. It might have to do with our genetics and our lifestyle.

I have to stop writing now, I'll detailed out the virus and the symptoms in later post. But for the time being, I share with you the initial effect of the virus. It will sometime undermine your ability to think clearly.

No comments: