Tuesday 19 February 2008

T.O.B. : Free Telcos Service (SMS)

Hand phones have become ubiquitous in this age and era. You can leave home without it and everybody seems to have at least one. I heard somewhere that there is at least 2++ billions hand phones around. That's nearly 1 hand phone per 3 people in the world.

I usually use my hand phone for emergency and anything important. If not that, then most probably I just sms'es my info to the other side. I imagine there would be multitude of people that just uses their hp for sms purposes only. Imagine if you can get free usage of sms's. How much money would you safe?

How to get free sms'es? I have an idea how to achieve this, though not really original, but maybe original for the mobile sector. As said above, the number of hps is staggering. Just imagine the marketing opportunities that exist in such a medium. Revenue derives from marketing can be the source of money to support a free sms package.

My basic idea is this. A user subscribe to a package that gives free sms provided he agrees to receive sms advertisement. Whenever he received an sms, a short sms advertisment will attached itself to the incoming sms. A company can pay the telco's a certain sum of money to advertise using this method (say something around 1 cent per 1 sms advert) this money will support the free usage of sms by the user.

That's it.That is the idea. It need a further fine tuning in terms of pricing structure but I'm sure that can be calculated easily.

No comments: