Monday 26 February 2007

Not another Monday!

Sigh!...it's officially Monday.

I still remember years back when I started work, that I cannot wait for Monday so that I can do my work. Of course back then, I was all fired up to serve the public. To give all my best to the people. But later, slowly the realities of life starts to get to me. Or rather the realities of government entropy finally eating my passion from inside. I used to believe to stand up for what is right, even though I have to speak up to my superiors. But now, the stability of government career plus all other worldly responsibilities doused that fire within my heart.

But I can see that the government is slowly changing. Will it be for the better? Only time would tell. But in the mean time, I suppose I have to remind myself now and then that the smallest of effort to serve the people better is better than no effort at all.

Well maybe this is what they call the Monday blues. I hope in the morning I can light up a bit of my smoldering passion back to life for another week.

No comments: