Wednesday 6 June 2007

The Environment

It's been nearly a month since I last posted. Sorry bout that, my internet at home was down and didn't have the time and energy to fix it.

Anyway, yesterday was all about the World Environment Day. Nearly all English dailies have at least an article on the environment. Layman, celebrities, politicians, NGO's and others have given their pledge to do something "Green" on that particular day. Even an established property developer stopped work at one of their site yesterday. Anyways I too have a few "Green" pledge to make.

One. To use public transport as often as possible at the price of punctuality.
Two. To use less air-conditioning at home and be terribly uncomfortable and probably be sleepless all night.
Three. To plant more trees (though in the pot) though it will reduce my already "area deficient" apartment.
Four. To use less water by washing my car only once every two months. (Currently, I only wash my car once a month).

Well that's about all that I can pledge now. I'll think of other ways to help the environment and make my life more intolerable.

No comments: