Monday 30 April 2007

Learning the ropes again

It's been quite a number of years since I stopped tinkering with programming. One of my most hated subject was C Programming. We are talking about basic C here, not the C+,C++ of the later years. It was horrible, I barely managed to write a proper function. And worse still, the tutors and lecturers can't properly instruct. They just mumbled something in front and scribble the white board. It doesn't help that I seem to be sitting way behind the class most of the time. Suffice to say, that I nearly flunk my C Programming.

But now, due to several factors that I'll not divulge now (I'm purposely making it more mysterious!;)) I'm back learning how to write programming. I'll do a basic HTML script first, then I'll go for Applets, later I plan to learn ASP, C++ and eventually other more complicated programming languages. Quite ambitious I know. But hey! you've got to start somewhere.

The worst part of it all, is trying to force my brain to relearn all the skills and knowledge that I used to remember and understand. I've left the world of structured learning to that of learning by experience. It's a terrible struggle to achieve really. Now I can really appreciate the effort of those who took their diplomas/degrees after they started working. Anyway, I hope I'll be able to make it.

No comments: